i want to get know you and what you expect from me for your day! this initial consultation is usually held over Skype with wine / tea/ coffee / fizz ( delete as appropriate!) we chat about what you want from me for your day, when your trial should be and current logistics.
every trial starts with a luxury cleanse, facial massage and hair set. you can bring a buddy ( someone that will be lovingly honest about your look we create) and enjoy nibbles and refreshments at my home, providing you haven’t fallen asleep during your massage! we use the best and most relevant of your inspiration images to create a look that’s unique to you.
the day itself
let’s pop that champagne open and get you feeling and looking fabulous! i may come with an assistant depending on what is required of me for your day.
occasion make up
i also offer occasion make up and hair styling. drop me a line and let’s chat red carpet!
how much do you charge?
– it depends on various things. prices for trials start at £100 for Make Up Application only- these usually take place at my home and during the week day. this maximises the wear of the make up, your value for money and i recommend having your dress fitting after.
-on the day make up application and hair styling starts at £275. bridal party members start at £100. engagement sessions and red carpet start at £200. i have a minimum ‘ on the day’ booking fee for weddings in london of £500 and £600 if you’re getting married outside the M25. if you’re getting married at the other end of the country i have a minimum fee of £700 and if you’re getting married abroad, £1000. drop me a line for your bespoke quote.
why do you have a minimum fee?
-london is easier for me to get to but it does mean navigating my way through traffic! if I’m not driving to you i have to carry my full kit of 4 stone to your chosen venue from my home near hampton court. i ask for higher fees the further into the countryside/ foreign lands as i often have to leave the day before and stay overnight which means i cannot take on other weddings/ work. these journeys can also involve long stretches of driving on the motorway very late in the evening or very early in the morning!
how long does a trial last?
-your trial will last from 1.5 hours to 5 hours depending on who is having what done. if you’re hiring me for make up only services that usually takes 1.5 hours, but if you and your mum are booking me for hair and make up and both of you want a trial that will take longer.
do you do weddings in places other than london?
– yes! i love to travel, 2016 alone took me to norfolk ( west lexham ), bath ( the pig, babington house, the temple of apollo ), yorkshire ( broughton hall ), cornwall ( trevenna barns ), buckinghamshire ( hedsor house ) and brighton ( brighton college, the grand brighton ). i am also familiar with most london venues ( the mandarin oriental, the savile club, firmdale hotel group, the dorchester, the corinthia, the in and out club are a few).
how will you get to my wedding?
– it totally depends on it’s location. i’m currently learning how to drive, until i pass if your prep is london based i jump on the train into waterloo from where i live near hampton court and take things from there. i may ask for a cab journey if it’s more suitable. hotel stay overs may also be required if you get married particularly far away. i’ve never not made a client’s wedding because of things out of my control and i don’t intend to. if your wedding is in a considerably more exotic location, let’s talk flights.
do you do hair as well as make up?
– i do indeed! i have experience with all types of hair and do maids as well as brides. let me know your requirements in your enquiry email and i can start to build a quote for you from there. a pixie blow dry for example will be quoted less than a blow dry and elaborate up do. please note i don’t work with synthetic hair of any kind under any circumstances.
i want more than just a make up artist, i want you to go that extra mile.
– this is exactly why you hire me! my services include an exfoliation for yourself and your bridal party members, a relaxing eye mask and facial massage pre make up, cluster lash application tailored to suit your eye shape, a lipstick chosen by us for post ceremony top ups, facial, skincare routine and personal trainer recommendations if required. i also, unless previously arranged don’t leave your preparations until you’re ready to walk out the door.
your prices are quite a bit more than i expected to pay/ can afford, what’s the difference between hiring you and getting a friend to do my make up and hair for me?
-there are many differences between hiring a professional and getting a non qualified buddy to do your make up and hair for you. remember, this is a person that will be in charge of your FACE on the single most important day of your life. you are going to be hugged, photographed, kissed and lovingly grabbed at many points of the day, you need your look to LAST which means hiring a professional with the relevant experience, qualifications and skills. i, amongst other more fashionable things to mention am fully insured, crb checked and have a contract for my services which commits me to do the best i possibly can to benefit you and your bridal party during the preparation and happening of your wedding day. this can mean anything from finding the right moisturiser to help you look fresh not sweaty, helping your bridesmaids do your dress up when they get too nervous to do it, making sure you leave for your ceremony early/ on time and ultimately stepping in when i need to to ensure the pre ceremony goes without a hitch. being a calming influence in what at times can be a sea of anxiety and rushed actions. hiring me is an investment without a doubt, but will be one of the best investments you make for the sake of a beautifully made up face and hair style.
do you do jewish/ asian/ oriental/ black/ mixed faith / same sex weddings?
– yes of course! i absolutely love any and every kind of celebration. i have a few jewish, asian and oriental weddings under my belt but they’re not on my website as the couples have chosen to keep them for their eyes only. drop me a line to find out how i can accommodate your requirements.
i have super sensitive/ blemished/ PCOS/ eczema prone skin, can you help me look and feel gorgeous?
– welcome to my world! if you’re lucky enough to have perfect skin, that’s amazing. if you’re a little like myself and either suffer from extreme sensitivity to products or other skin conditions just let me know via your enquiry and we can discuss it in detail during your initial consultation. part of your investment in my services is contacts within the industry, those include the best facialists in town and access to incredible products and specialists.
i have allergies, lots of them. can you recommend products that will work for me?
– yes. i have plenty of experience as a skin care specialist, so again don’t worry. get in touch and we can discuss your requirements at an initial consultation!
i have quite a few ladies in my bridal party, can you accommodate them all?
– usually, yes. it may be a tight squeeze, dependant on the time of your ceremony and your prep location/s. i do like to keep the maximum at 4 so things don’t get too hectic. i like you all to feel as well as look like total superstars which means dedicating time to each of you. i hire assistants if need be, they are highly trained individuals who specialise in the same level of service, care and luxe artistry that i do, their fee starts at £200 depending on what they are required to do. enquire to find out more.
why do i need a make up artist and hair stylist for my wedding day?
– hiring a wedding day beautifier in today’s world is, in my humble opinion a necessity. my job is to take your stress spot developing, lipstick smearing, mascara watering woes away from you and help you feel as well as look the most beautiful, glamorous, sexy and confident you ever have. i leave you ready to feel like you could take over the world, albeit it in your delicious gown! the above is a rough guide to what i offer, every bride is different, i look forward to hearing your requirements and your plans so far!
what is in your kit?
my kit and it’s size and weight ( 4 stone (!) ) reflect what i charge, on an average job my case will be filled with the following:
foundation and concealer palettes- bobbi brown, derma blend, derma colour, amazing cosmetics
3 powder palettes- bobbi brown, guerlain, kryolan
a selection of liquid bases- clarins, l’oreal, dermablend, kiehls, bobbi brown
primers, moisturisers and cleansers- heal gel, embryolisse, murad, simple, hourglass, bioderma, kryolan
around 10 eyeshadow palettes and 10 individuals- bobbi brown, clarins, nars, kryolan, inglot, clinique, chantecaille, crown, mac, barry m, ellis faas
around 10 blusher/ bronzer palettes plus individuals- clarins, bobbi brown, la colours, ellis faas, fashion fair, l’oreal, zelens
4 mascaras, 5 eyeliners and one sealant- bobbi brown, clinique, clarins, inglot, surratt, illamasqua
eye shadow pots/ primer pots- bobbi brown, mac
60+ lipsticks set into palettes, clarins, lancome, sleek, bobbi brown, chanel, marks and spencer, collection, natural collection, hourglass, mac, burt’s bees, nars, chantecaille, fashion fair, no7
5 light reflecting illuminators, 3 powder, 1 organic creme, 2 liquid- fashion fair, rms beauty, bobbi brown, mac, cars, cover fx
1 contour palette- cover fx
2 fixing sprays matt and dewy finish- nyx and makeup forever
disposables- wet wipes, exfoliating wipes, 3 different types of cotton bud, paper towel, cotton wool pads, varied types of lashes.
grips in various types, sizes and colours- roller grips, plastic comb grip and three different types of metal, kirby grips and pins in blondes, brunettes, blacks, shiny and matt.
Comb, tangle teezer
various styling products: salt spray, shine spray, hair spray, setting spray, straighten cream, curl cream, hair thickeners and volumisers- bumble and bumble, schwartzkopf, l’oreal, mark hill, vo5, umberto giannini, aveda, tresemme
donuts- not the sweet kind unfortunately (!)
50+ make up brushes.
Hair dryer, straighteners, hot rollers (set of 36), hot wand with 3 sizes of tong.
1 extension cable